List all the things you’re currently working on in as much or as little detail as you like then tag some friends to see what they’re working on: writing, art, gif sets, whatever.
Okay so I set some rules for myself in making this list in an attempt to maybe clear it out a bit to what I’m more likely to write any time soon: I did not allow myself to look at any of my previous lists OR my WIP documents/folders until after I’d made the list (only to add details/links after I’d finalized it).
Star Trek: Voyager – Janeway/Chakotay
- Stumbling: Post Endgame Janeway and Chakotay struggle to get back what they once had (trust) even though they both want it. Basically I really wanted to explore how messy emotions are and a realistic struggle to recover from what happened. I think it’s going to be like 8 chapters, but for all I know it will end up being 14 like Parameters and Voyager High; because, that’s apparently my natural length for drawn out chaptered fics. Three chapters are currently posted. Chapter four is partly written. Excerpt:
“Here’s the thing: She still wants him. It’s ironic, after all the years he was diligently waiting and she was able to stuff it down and put it aside some ninety something percent of the time Now, now she is so angry with him, so distrustful, but it’s like that pain has wrecked her self control. She can’t come back from the blunt honestly of her despair. When she’d been so secure in him it has been easy to set aside her desire.
Now. Now she feels raw, not just with the sting of his betrayal but also with her own longing.
Now he meets her for long afternoon walks between her meetings and his office hours and she can’t take comfort in his arm linked with her but she can’t ignore it either. His warmth beside her is a provocation, unsettling her.
He brings her a series of peace roses and part of her wants to feel comforted by the gesture but there’s something inside her that balks at any memory of how it used to be.”
- Just Once: Five times Janeway and Chakotay were only going to kiss once (and the time they finally gave that pretense up). This is really a more drawn out version of “Why Janeway and Chakotay Can’t Share the Couch: 5 Times They Slipped Up” but it’s not like there can ever be enough of that type of fic. Currently I have posted 1 of 6 total chapters, but I do have all of it outlined.
- The Greek Mythology AU Epic. I only have a couple actual paragraphs of this written, but I have a very clear idea of the plot and style. Basically it’s a homeric style epic, wherein Janeway is the hero and involves a plotline with her going down to the underworld to get Chakotay back. Very different from my usual style, obviously. Excerpt:
“You have heard, of course, about the great ship Voyager, and it’s captain: the wise but willful woman king known as Janeway, favored by Athena. The tale of how her ship was blown off course by a powerful storm and ended up in distant waters far from home, how she subdued the outlaw ship she’d been chasing on the other side of the world, won over it’s captain: the noble Chakotay, how together they kept raiders from causing Atlas to drop the world, and thereafter Chakotay and his followers served under her and he became her most trusted subject and against all odds they returned to Greece in seven years and seven days is widely known.
Less famous, however, is the tale of Janeway’s descent into the Underworld and how she came to prevail upon Hades to undo what his wrathful brother, Poseidon, had done in spite and wounded pride. Many heroes have gone down to plead with the king of the dead for lost loves, but few are those to emerge again to the sunlight.”
- That One Where Chakotay Gets Pegged. So I have a number of fic ideas involving this (Including a follow up to Happy Accident) but the longest standing one and one I really mean to write in the near future is one where Janeway happens to mention one of the ways she has gotten the upper hand in diplomacy situations with men who want to fuck her involving a strap on and well… Chakotay can’t get the idea out of his head.
- Daxverse: After three years of intending to do this AU with Jadzia on Voyager and not actually writing it and @talsi74656 having been in the same situation for a couple, we are seriously exploring joining forces and merging our two different versions into one in hopes of getting it written. Because, the idea is too good to sit forever unpublished.
- Year of Hell PWP: Chakotay offers Kathryn a different kind of birthday present. Excerpt:
Kathryn felt herself blush deeply at his probably innocently intended question. She was wound so tightly right now she might explode on impact at the slightest jostling.
Chakotay flushed as well as he realized from her expression what she wasn’t saying.
“Oh…” he pressed his lips together, “I see. No wonder you are having trouble sleeping.”
“Chakotay!” she replied with a scandalized gasp.
“Let me help?” his voice and his expression both were beseeching, “You know you’ll sleep better and that will make you way more productive. You wouldn’t accept my birthday gift… at least let me do something for you.”
- Cracktastic Anthropomorphic Voyager/Janeway/Chakotay Situation: Sentient Voyager takes human form and interacts with its Captain(s) in a variety of ways. Set over the course of the series and post series when Chakotay takes command. Most likely ends with a threesome.
- Post Endgame Angst Where Janeway is Hallucinating: Janeway cracks once the immediacy of all those years of pressure lets up and loses touch with reality. Feeling abandoned and lost, she hallucinates a Chakotay who is cruel and kind in turns, and by the time the real Chakotay shows up she doesn’t believe he’s actually there.
- Timeless Timeline Chakotay/Endgame Timeline Admiral Janeway Fixit AU: Somehow the Admiral goes sideways instead of back and ends up in the averted Timeless timeline. Both of them are so damaged by loss and time in these timelines and I’d love to see them interact. Ultimately, they join forces and go back to save their past/alternative selves from becoming the selves they are then and there. This started out as a coauthored fic that got abandoned midway through, but I still really love the idea. Excerpt:
“Well that depends, what year is it and how long have I been dead for.” She said it teasingly but the question still felt heavy, “How do you think I died?”
“Are you sure you want me to tell you? I’m not even sure I can.” He shook his head, running his hand over his face, suddenly overwhelmed with the memory of seeing Kathryn dead on Voyager’s bridge.
“It’s important, I think.” she sighed, running her fingers through his hair, “Unless you’d rather I tell you.”
He wasn’t sure what was worse, watching the pain that crossed Kathryn’s face when she mentioned his death, or thinking about how hard it would be to relive her death. He couldn’t bring himself to cause her more pain than he had to, even if that meant bearing the brunt of it himself.
“It was the slipstream drive…” he said quietly, trying not to go back to that day, “Harry and I went ahead in the Delta Flyer, but we’d miscalculated…”
He could barely get the words out, as the lump formed at the back of his throat. She reached for him, her hand cupping his face.
“All these years, and you still…” He could see her calculating how long it must have been.
“Always.” He kissed her softly.
Her hands lingered on his face, thumb stroking his cheek.
“It’s an alternate timeline,” she said at last, “we never attempted that slipstream flight… Seven,” he couldn’t help but notice something off in Kathryn’s voice as she said the former drone’s name, “Seven got a message warning us.”
- KM/RB Fic No One Wants That Involves RealTalk™ Racism. Because I feel like this needs to be addressed in terms of KM’s exoticism when it comes to him and also that she only publicly dates white dudes. She looks like a jerk in this one.
- Another One No One Asked For: Why Both KM and Braga Got Pissed At RB Really. As JR is added to the cast, RB is upset that KM chose Hagan and decides to get back at her by exploiting somewhere he knows she’s already feeling vulnerable. He looks like a jerk in this one.
- KM Has Zero Sympathy for the Problems RB Created For Himself. Because KM sass is life and seriously CHOICES dude.
- KM/RB As a Taurus/Scorpio Dynamic Case Study. Because they are.
- Balacing Act: Two parts are written. Part 3 of the series is still in progress. Continued post movie threesome action with Logan, Weevil, and Veronica. Excerpt:
“I have acquired bagels… and coffee.”
It takes a moment for Eli to remember where he is or how he got there, gradually regaining enough consciousness to register Veronica’s way too chipper voice and remember that it must be Logan’s fucking arm he can feel slung across his hip. Reluctantly, he opens his eyes and there she is, looming over them with a take out tray of coffee cups in one hand and a paper bag in the other, looking cheerful and relaxed, like this is something that happens every day instead of being unprecedented, like she is used to him fucking Echolls up the ass until they both come.
“Enjoying the view from above from once, V?” he teases, refusing to act like this is weird if she isn’t going to.
“Wait… you went all the way to-“ Logan sits up, looking perfectly mussed as he notes the logo on the coffee cups.
This is weird. This is definitely weird, even for them.
- That Season 3 AU I Started Around the Time The Movie Came Out: So season 3 was a mess as a whole, but it also always bugged me that Veronica’s “I was wrong not to trust” moment is about Logan (who didn’t deserve her trust and yeah actually his explanation in the end was shitty) and not about her dad (who deserved better than her judgement and criticism) and Weevil (seriously did she really think he’d rip Lilly’s necklace off her). It’s a lot bigger than that, but basically this AU starts from there and has Weevil be the one to find her in the parking garage instead of Logan and goes from there. I need to finish it because it’s important, even if it’s a dead fandom. Excerpt:
“Would now be an appropriate time for me to list the reasons why you shouldn’t even be wasting your time with that spoiled gringo asshole?”
Weevil knew that was never going to be a productive addition to any conversation with her. She had some mad feelings about Logan Echolls, every bit as much as Lilly had. He didn’t think about Lilly so much these days, but sitting in Veronica’s car talking about whether Logan was a bad boyfriend was bringing the memories back.
She must have noticed the parallel too; because she said, “Is that what you told Lilly?”
They had never talked about Lilly. Whenever possible she stuck to cases, favors, and harmless flirtatious banter that he knew didn’t mean anything at all. They avoided talking about Logan, but this – this was taboo. And Weevil doesn’t know what to feel about that.
And what the hell is Veronica thinking, anyway? Maybe it was the lingering effects of the drugs. What the docs call trauma? He hasn’t got a freaking clue . All he knows is that Veronica Mars had bought up the girl whose ghost seemed to have more life than most of the people walking around Neptune. And he doesn’t like to say no to Veronica Mars.
“Sometimes I think it was what she wanted me to do.” He answered, deciding to pursue this line of potential honesty, “It was probably just a way to stroke her ego. It’s not like I don’t get that, but she sure did like to paint a picture to me about how unhappy she was with him…”
“You and me both.” Veronica replied, gaze fixed away from him. “What were you supposed to tell her? That she could do so much better?”
Sometimes these days he almost forgot that Veronica had been Lilly’s best friend, that she told her everything that really mattered. Of course, that meant that he didn’t really matter. He had always known that, even when he maybe wanted to believe otherwise, but there is maybe a small part of him that wanted to hold on to the idea that maybe he did.
“Is that what you would tell me? If I said yes… If I asked you to tell me why I shouldn’t be with Logan?” Veronica turned around sharply to look him in the eyes.
“Pretty sure it would be a better option than giving you the spiel I gave her, the one that goes something like ‘I’d never let you feel alone’ and ‘Just let me show you how much better it can be.’ You know, that kind of crap.”
It was his turn to stare out the windshield, away from her. Normally he would make a joke out of it, wink and suggest that maybe she wanted that all along, for him to profess his undying love, but not now. They were both too raw.
“Tell you what. If I ever do decide I want you to talk me out of dating Logan, I’ll let you know which version of the speech I’m looking for.”
“Deal.” He agreed. He knew they would never have that conversation, or at least not that version of it. That was what Lilly wanted to hear – she got off on hearing how much he wanted her. But Veronica wasn’t Lilly. She liked having leverage of a different kind. Getting the better of someone. Oneupsmanship . Veronica wasn’t interested in the straight power of someone finding her desirable, even if she used it to her advantage if she felt it was needed.
A Song of Ice and Fire (really not Game of Thrones)
- Jaime/Brienne Adventure Romance: Because this ship deserves a long plotty romance novel and I wasn’t ready to write that kind of thing in 2008 when I stopped writing them but I am now. Definitely book and not show universe. Jaime and Brienne go looking for Arya across Essos. Excerpt:
“Indeed father. He does know me. Do you not recognize Ser Jaime Lannister, the Kingslayer?”
Brienne waited for Jaime to respond to the barb, but he did not. Her father looked surprised, doubtless he had expected Brienne’s visitor to be of less consequence. She could see him going over Jaime’s features and attire, as if putting the pieces together.
“It is an honor Ser. We so rarely get such important visitors here on our humble island.”
“Doubtless, Ser Jaime is here for his reward.”
“Reward?” Lord Selwyn looked, if possible, more perplexed.
“For saving my life, father. Surely you will satisfy him.”
“He… he saved your life?”
“Yes, when I was in the bear pit at Harrenhal. Really father, you’d think you didn’t listen to a word I said about my travels.”
Her father was indeed no longer listening to her. Doubtless he was busy concocting some heroic version of her rescue that would culminate in his at long last marrying off his daughter. Brienne was sure that’s what he thought the outcome of this visit would be, though he must have known Jaime was part of the Kingsguard.
At last Jaime spoke, “You mistake me, my lady. I came seeking no reward.”
“Surely Ser, you came for something.”
“I came to see you, Brienne, for there are things I wish to discuss with you. That is all.”
“You might have sent a letter.”
“Perhaps, but it I did not. Will you walk with me? While I am here I was hoping to witness the splendor of the Sapphire Isle.”
- Jon/Sansa Fake!Married Trope: Also definitely book!verse. Following Danaerys’ reconquest, both remaining Starks attempt to leave Westeros without attention. They run into each other. Excerpt:
She was undeniably lovely, with creamy skin and blue eyes he hadn’t seen the like of since he left Winterfell. She stared at Ghost in surprise, but not in fear. Indeed she seemed transfixed by the direwolf as she reached her hands out to him and Ghost nuzzled his head against her. Jon was amazed; he did not think she had noticed his own approach, she seemed so distracted.
“It can’t be.” She murmured to the direwolf, “But there is no mistaking you. How did you get so far?”
Jon was unsure of how to alert her to his presence without startling her, yet it seemed rude just to stand here.
“They are all gone now, aren’t they? Lady, and Nymeria, and Summer, and Greywind, and even Shaggydog. Is he gone too Ghost, is that why you’ve found me?”
The woman sounded close to tears, and stranger yet she’d known. She had known not only Ghost but all the rest of the direwolf pups. Realization dawned on Jon and he recognized Sansa, although his half sister had grown from a pretty child to a beautiful woman since he’d last seen her. He wanted to say something, but the words caught in his mouth as he watched her fling her arms around the direwolf with a sob.
- Restoration: Dresden Files/Revolution NBC, coauthored with @jaqofspades. Miles Matheson doesn’t remember he’s a wizard, not that it matters with all the magic gone after the blackout. Dark twisty multishipping with every kind of delicious wrong. We need to get back on writing this eventually.
ETA: Oh I forgot one my favorite current projects!
That Massive 24th Century Trek Series Crossover AU: Which is a follow up to The Smallest Twine, in which certain details of the Cardassian Treaty get leaked before it is signed and the Federation is very nearly plunged into civil war. It continues to explore the J/C relationship from the first story in the AU but also features a lot of our favorites from TNG and DS9 as well as more of the VOY characters.
I don’t even know which one I’m most excited about
OMG I can’t even wait for those RPF ones….and the Voyager ones, obvs, but the RPFs….
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2v7Jo0j